position description: analyst
rampersand is a Melbourne based Australian early stage venture capital fund. We invest in the best Australian technology founders and teams, and are committed to helping them become major national, regional and global leaders.
Launched in 2013 we have invested in 13 tech companies across many different verticals, including fintech, SaaS, AI, wearables, marketplaces, hardware and others. We focus on post-seed/series A round businesses and look to find the best founders in the country and actively support them as they grow their business to be world’s best.
We are looking for a passionate, highly motivated, super smart person to assist with identification and analysis of the next great investment opportunities, management of the existing portfolio, and general running of the fund’s operations.
As a member of our team you will gain broad exposure to all aspects of venture capital including investment strategies, due diligence, investor relations, startup management as well as portfolio support and management. You will work with the partners to:
- Prioritise and drill into the start-ups in our pipeline
- Research what is going on in the market and where things are headed
- Help the partners keep up to date with our portfolio companies’ progress
- Use your wiles and networking abilities to find the hidden gems within #startupaus
- Support entrepreneurs by going along to pitch nights, panel discussions and hackathons, and meeting with the startup community
- Coordinate and participate in events for our investors
- Have up to two years of experience, ideally from a consulting, finance, tech or entrepreneurial background
- Be looking to jump head first into (or already be immersed in) the Australian tech community
- Love learning new things and be able to learn quickly, if you don’t know the answer you are happy to keep digging till you find it
- Be able to empathise with the many founders we meet on a daily basis and know their time is valuable so you prioritise this above all
- Be highly motivated and thrive in a fast-paced environment. We are a roll up the sleeves, all for one type of fund and are looking for someone that loves that type of environment
- Have a keen attention to detail. Nothing falls through the cracks on your watch
- Be humble and eager to lend a hand without being asked
- Be a whizz with numbers and know your way around an excel spreadsheet but also know the difference between their, there and they’re
how to apply
Please send through your one-page resume and a one-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Any questions? Feel free to shoot through an email to anyone on the team. All our details are here)